9:30 a.m. – Forum: Graduations, led by Patricia Ice
There are graduations from kindergarten, elementary, middle or high school, college, graduate or professional school. What does a graduation mean to us? Why do some people think they are important and others do not? How do we feel if we do not graduate? How do we feel if we graduate at the top of our classes? How do we feel if we graduate in the middle or bottom of of classes? Are we happy for our friends or family when they graduate? If we do graduate does it make a difference from where? What about kids who are home schooled and graduation? Come share your stories about graduations.
10:30 a.m. – Coffee Fellowship
Join us for a cup of coffee, a snack, and interesting conversations!
11:00 a.m. – Service: Entertaining Angels, led by Guest Minister Edie Love
Edie Love, UU Candidate for Ministry, is visiting to share about her internship in Memphis where she is working with those experiencing homelessness and poverty. She will address the question: Was the Biblical story about the widow’s last two coins really about selfless giving? Please come!
11:00 a.m. – Religious Exploration:
- Chalice Children (ages 3-6): Love Surrounds Us – The Chalice Children will learn about UU principles and their root in love.
- U.U. Kids (ages 7-12): UU Identity – The UU Kids will explore the people, ideas, and events that have shaped Unitarian Universalism.
- YUUth (ages 13-17): Cosmos – The YUUth will watch and discuss the original Cosmos series.
Childcare is available from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
12:30 p.m. – Spring Congregational Meeting
During our spring congregational meeting, we will:
- Elect Board leaders: President Elect, Secretary, 2nd Trustee, Interim Past President
- Elect Congregational Leaders: Leadership Development Council Members and CALM Council Members
- Consideration of a congregational statement denouncing HB1523
- Consideration of plans for the celebration of UUCJ’s 65th year
Members are strongly encouraged to attend to ensure quorum! Friends and guests are welcome to attend!