The UU Kids class is for elementary school children and introduces them into religious community. During the school year, the children, along with the whole church, will explore a theme engaging them in religious and spiritual ideas and practices.
Using the Spirit Play approach, the class uses active story telling, wondering time, and child-directed activities. The UU Kids will learn about Unitarian Universalist ideas, beliefs, and rituals, such as lighting the chalice and sharing joys and concerns. They will also listen to stories, share their ideas, and engage in games, arts & crafts, and social justice activities.
This summer the children are working with various adults in our congregation with the Can Do Summer curriculum:
- Session #1 – Fairy Houses
- Session #2 – Paper Airplanes
- Session #3 – Fishy Things
- Session #4 – Blanket Forts
- Session #5 – Body Percussion
- Session #6 – Junk Sculpture
- Session #7 – Obstacle Course
- Session #8 – Toothpick Architecture
- Session #9 – Mini Golf