I was a child during the 1980s. It was interesting to grow up during the tail end of the cold war. The threat of Nuclear Proliferation and Mutually Assured Destruction were so common we didn’t think twice about them. In fact, the calls of World … read more.
After not feeling fully embraced by several other denominations and paths, UUCJ offers me a place to celebrate my faith and values.
L. Patricia Ice
When I moved to Jackson in 1998, I was looking for a Unitarian Universalist Church because I had been introduced to the denomination by my sister in Texas. When I visited the UUCJ, I decided that it could be my home church due to the friendly members and liberal religious values. And I've been attending ever since.
I visited the church years ago and was interested and impressed with their unique approach to religious community. Now, I'm actively involved and feel as though I am contributing to a community that is meaningful and helps me find the connection that I have always sought but never found in church.
- Congregational Vote to Ordain Justin McCreary August 12, 2019 On Sunday, August 11th at a Special Congregational Meeting, the members of UUCJ voted to ordain Justin McCreary. A special ordination service will be held later this fall.
- Sale Pending! July 28, 2019 The Transition Taskforce announced an offer has been made and accepted for the North State Street property. The closing date is planned for early September. The Transition Taskforce will continue to work with our real estate agent to complete the sale of the North State Street property and with our architecture firm to renovate the ...
- Faithify Request from the UU Fellowship of Lafayette July 22, 2019 UU Fellowship of Lafayette members are volunteering to provide summer programs at the Rural African American Museum for youth in Opelousas, LA, whose churches were burnt. You can help by donating through Faithify! Only 8 days left to reach the goal!
- Celebrating the Talents of Our YUUTH! July 21, 2019 During our July 21st service, we featured the talents of children and youth. Check out videos posted on our UUCJ Facebook page of their performances!
- Happy Birthday! July 21, 2019 Happy Birthday to all of our members and friends with birthdays in July!