One of the most important roles we take on by joining a religious community is caring for one another through times of difficulty and need. At UUJXN, the CareRing is a way for members and friends to provide support and assistance to one another in times of illness, death, or other crises. The CareRing may provide material and emotional support, such as meals, flowers, transportation, or gifts of time and companionship, during times of personal difficulty.
If you are facing a difficult situation, please contact the CareRing Coordinator and/or a member of the Living Our Values, or LOV, Ministry Team.
Also, consider ways you can volunteer with the CareRing during this challenging time, such as
- Sharing a card or personal note
- Visiting those who are sick or shut-in
- Preparing and sharing meals
- Sending flowers for those in hospital or as memorials
- Providing transportation to church or other needed trips (doctor visits, shopping)